By 19th Hole Staff
Over 20,000 years ago, Erin Hills in Wisconsin’s Kettle Moraine region was formed by colliding glaciers that left dramatic ridges, contours and vistas. When architects Michael Hurdzan, Dana Fry and Ron Whitten set out to draft the Erin Hills Golf Course, they needed to move only a few shovels of dirt to reveal the rare landscape that can test the game’s best in any major championship.
Tickets to witness man against nature during the 117th U.S. Open Championship, to be played out at the dramatic Erin Hills Golf Course, are now available for purchase on USGA’S website. Scheduled for June 15-18, it will be the first US Open in Wisconsin and the first in the Midwest since 2003 at Olympia Fields (Ill.) Country Club. It will also be the sixth publicly accessible course to host the championship.
“Bringing the U.S. Open Championship to Wisconsin gives us another opportunity to inspire new audiences to love the game,” said Mike Davis, executive director/CEO of the USGA. “There is a wonderful feel to Erin Hills, both completely connected to its natural environment and challenging, with architectural nuances that entice players to be creative and competitive.”
An array of daily and multi-day package ticket options for the 117th U.S. Open, with prices starting at $50 for daily gallery tickets and $100 for package options, respectively, include:
- 1895 Club: The 1895 Club is an all-inclusive ticket option featuring breakfast, buffet lunch with hot entrees, afternoon snacks and full bar service throughout the day in a custom-designed, climate-controlled hospitality environment.
- Trophy Club: Located near the main admission gate, the Trophy Club is a climate-controlled pavilion offering open seating, live network coverage of the championship in a sports bar-like setting, and a variety of food and beverage options available for purchase at an additional charge.
- Gallery: Gallery tickets provide access to the grounds and to all concession locations, grandstands throughout the course and spectator experience facilities.
- Weekly packages: Each ticket type can be purchased as a weeklong ticket package. All weekly packages include a playoff ticket for Monday, June 19 (if needed). Ticket buyers who purchase an 1895 Club weekly package will receive a playoff Trophy Club ticket, as the 1895 Club will not be open if a playoff is necessary.
- Practice–Round and Championship-Round packages: Both Trophy Club and Gallery tickets are available in three- and four-day packages.
Erin Hills opened in 2006 as one of the preeminent Midwestern golf courses, known for its minimalist, natural look and challenging layout. A premier competitive venue, it hosted the 2008 U.S. Women’s Amateur Public Links and 2011 U.S. Amateur championships.
Junior tickets are available at all admission gates and at any will call facility during the championship. Juniors age 12 and under receive complimentary tickets when accompanied by an adult ticket holder. Tickets for juniors ages 13 to 17 will be available for purchase at a reduced rate for any day when accompanied by an adult ticket holder.
Tickets will also be available on-site for military personnel. During practice-round days (Monday, June 12 through Wednesday, June 14), active military personnel receive complimentary Gallery tickets and retired personnel can purchase half-priced Gallery tickets at $25 per ticket.
Tickets orders will only be accepted on USGA websites at usopen.com or www.usga.org/tickets. Questions can be directed to email@example.com or by calling 1-800-698-066.